Sober since April 6, 2006

That's
days

Saturday, February 10, 2007

gratitude

Today, I'm grateful for ...

  • not drinking today
  • not starting smoking today (Yeah, I was tempted to buy my first pack of cigarettes ... pretty stupid, eh? Everyone else wants to quit but can't do it ...)
  • not sleeping all day to avoid unpleasant feelings (was tempted to do that too)
  • AA buddies who called and text messaged with me today
  • online AA buddies who stop by and drop a line
  • my family, and going out with my mom for dinner
  • my dog ... he still loves me ... he still wants to be with me, and I don't understand why
  • my car ... it took me all over the place today. I love to be on the road going somewhere -- anywhere.
  • I didn't get lost in downtown today ... I usually get lost
  • that I can go to a shopping mall without feeling the need to buy anything. I haven't always been able to do that ...
  • warm, fuzzy pajamas to wear in my warm, soft bed
  • my job ... so many people want one but can't get one
  • feeling so exhausted that no amount of projection/worry in the WORLD can keep me awake all night again
  • God. I didn't feel Him today, but I know He was there.

4 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Knowing He is there is huge.

Redhead Gal said...

Warm fuzzy pajamas and a soft bed...sounds about perfect to me!

lash505 said...

Stay with the not smoking, because I am quiting next week. God is the big dog.

Pammie said...

I agree 100% with Mary Christine !
That was a great gratitude list