Sober since April 6, 2006

That's
days

Sunday, September 16, 2007

september sixteenth

Today, I am grateful ...

  • to be 528 days sober
  • for my family, loved ones, and friends
  • cooler weather
  • for a motorcycle ride on a beautiful day
  • to see two friends get married
  • for Italian food!
  • for going out of town to see my boyfriend's new house
  • to love and to be loved
  • to once again learn that just because a situation may seem too difficult to handle, I can get through it without the world ending
  • to God for His timing, because everything happens for an ultimately good reason, and WHEN it happens is also for an ultimately good reason. Of course it all seems wrong and impossible up front, but timing can be more easily appreciated in retrospect ...

2 comments:

Trudging said...

New boyfriend, huh? I guess I have been away a while.

tkdjunkie said...

Hiya Trudge! Well, actually it's the same boyfriend since December 2006. But I kind of learned through past experiences that it's best not to mention significant others in my blog ... I'm trying to be more careful with this one.