So here it is:
Today, I'm especially thankful for ...
- being sober
- having amazingly awesome AA friends
- having a loving family that loves me and supports me
- gliding through the wind on a beautiful day with my special guy on his motorcycle
- watching a movie with friends
- hanging out at the coffee shop with friends
- having friends (they're all in AA -- AA's are the best friends in the world!)
- knowing that one of my homegroup chicas faced something very challenging this week, and she has been willing to share what's going on, and she's stayed sober through it
- having a job to get up for in the morning
- the possibility of buying my dad's car (if the bank will help a bit)
- having a nice warm, soft bed to sleep in
- being tired enough to want to sleep
- having the opportunity to embrace a coworker tomorrow who is returning to work from bereavement leave
- shopping at the mall with mom today ... found a beautiful dress!
- going to church this morning (for the second time since last summer). I felt a bit out of place, but the feeling got better as the service proceeded.
- the "ice pack burn" on the back of my neck is almost completely healed (man, that really hurt!)
- God, because He's there when nobody else is