Sober since April 6, 2006

That's
days

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

It's Independence Day (US)

When I was little, I always referred to Independence Day as the "4th of July". I remember wondering, "Do they have the 4th of July in other countries?" Of course they do. It's sandwiched between the 3rd of July and the 5th of July :)

But I'm glad that today is Independence Day for my country. And I'm glad that I can be independent from alcohol today. The once all-mighty king has been dethroned.


Today, I'm grateful for ...

  • being independent from alcohol for 89 days
  • the ability to live the rest of my life independent from alcohol's oppression
  • the sacrifices of the earliest Americans, who gave their lives for the founding ideals of this country
  • my sweet boyfriend, who inspires me
  • my wonderful family and adorable puppy
  • God, who blesses me everyday with everything I need to stay sober

5 comments:

JJ said...

Hey! Happy 90 days to you!
I see you,
JJ

dAAve said...

A strong spiritual connection will help keep that all-mighty king from taking control again.
Congrats on this, your 90th day!!!

Anonymous said...

you a oldtimer :-)

Trudging said...

I logged on after midnight, now it it 91! Happy 91!!!

Shannon said...

HAPPY 93 DAYS NOW!!!