Sober since April 6, 2006

That's
days

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Imaginary Warrior

My mind is a battlefield, worn and scathed
The battles seem so huge and important
And it comes as a surprise to realize
That it's all in my head

One part of me knows what's right and true
The other part mis-feels and mis-senses the world around me
The conflicting readings make me feel like I'm losing my mind
To an imaginary battle

Intellectual knowledge provides an accurate roadmap
But my emotional sensory intuition is inaccurate
I know what's supposed to be true at a given time
But every feeling in my body says the opposite is happening

That conflict between what is "known" and what is "felt" ...
It's hard sometimes.
I'm tired :)


Today, I'm grateful ...

  • to be sober
  • that my dad liked the gifts that I made for him
  • that my family loves me
  • that my boyfriend loves me
  • that my car works
  • that God hasn't left, and won't leave

2 comments:

dAAve said...

For me, my perceptions are often inaccurate. Now that I am aware of this, I must remain open-minded to all possibilities.

JJ said...

I have been STFU too lately.
I see you,
Stay strong,
JJ