Sober since April 6, 2006

That's
days

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Nowhere to go, nothing to do

This will be a truly boring day.

The area near my favorite mall is jam-packed with NASCAR fans because of an event at the nearby speedway. So there will be no going to the mall today. I've never been into NASCAR. It's one of the few things that I have no desire to get "into" either. (Sorry, I don't mean to come off cruel or judgemental ... I just have a long-standing dislike of NASCAR. Maybe one of these days, I'll learn to appreciate it.)

I'll have to plan something fun today ... I'm just not sure what to plan yet. All I can think about right now is my next blog entry. Need to get something off my shoulders.

But today, I am grateful for:

  • Being 45 days sober today!
  • Having this blog as an outlet for self-expression
  • The wonderful, patient saints who read my blog
  • My loving family (my brother bought doughnuts for us this morning!)
  • My sweet puppy, who worships the ground I walk on ("God, help me to be the person my dog thinks I am.")
  • God, whose love and patience hold me up today

No comments: