Sober since April 6, 2006

That's
days

Thursday, April 05, 2007

turning one year old


Mom made me a cake & got me an Easter Lilly. Doesn't that cake look good??? Thanks, mom!


With all its ups and downs, this past year was the toughest emotional roller coaster ride of my entire life. But it's also been the best year of my life.

At my first-ever AA meeting, someone told me, "You never have to take another drink again."

I desperately wanted to believe him, but it sounded too good to be true.

But today, I know it's true.

I'm grateful to be a recovering alcoholic and a member of Alcoholics Anonymous. The only reason I'm living today is because of the grace of God and the fellowship of AA.

And I'm not merely alive -- I'm living the happy, joyous, and free life that I thought I'd never have.

Thank you to everyone for helping me to reach my first birthday. You helped to make a miracle happen.

Miracles happen all the time in AA, and we see them when we keep coming back.

11 comments:

Dharma Kelleher said...

Congrats! That is a tremendous acheivement!

You will still face challenges (we all do), but now you have a process that will allow you to work through them and emerge joyous and serene.

Peace,
Dharmashanti (10 years and going strong)
http://dharmashanti.blogspot.com

Pammie said...

Oh darlin' that's SO WONDERFUL.
You have really done some work this year....I'm glad I got to watch some of it.

Shadow said...

well done, well done, well done!!!!! keep it up. you've done great. and that cake looks truely yummy....

Anonymous said...

Well done TKD- save us all some cake! I'm glad you're doing so well, you should be really proud of yourself!

Redhead Gal said...

Congratulations! That's awesome! And that cake looks terrific! Yay Mom! Yay you!!!!

dAAve said...

CONGRATS!!!
That's Huge!!

Recovery Road London said...

Year One is something special. Very well done. I so pleased for you.

:-)

x

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on making it to one year.. and here's to many more years of success and good things.

Anonymous said...

Doggone it! I'm late!

Congratulations!!! Many, many more!!!

Trudging said...

Hey we have the same sober birthday. Congrats!

tkdjunkie said...

Thanks everybody ... each sober day is a gift, and you help to make it possible for me. Thank you :)