Sober since April 6, 2006

That's
days

Monday, December 11, 2006

gratitude exists on mondays too

Today, I am especially grateful for ...

  • being 249 days sober
  • having an awesome weekend
  • getting to a meeting tonight ... even though I kind of didn't want to go (that means I NEED to go)
  • hearing again that I never have to take another drink. There was a time when that was not an option for me. How quickly I forget the agonizing desperation of those hopeless days and nights ...
  • the awesome people in AA who share their experience, strength, and hope
  • hearing heartfelt stories from people in the program that I don't know very well
  • getting to talk with my sponsor this evening
  • eating dinner with my family tonight
  • getting to say "goodbye" to a special someone who's going out of town
  • having a nice warm place to sleep tonight
  • buying a Christmas present for someone today
  • having a job to get up for in the morning ... early in the morning
  • being very tired tonight -- probably tired enough to sleep!
  • God, because He keeps the world spinning without needing my "help"

5 comments:

Meg Moran said...

I "hear" you thinking if others so much in your gratitude list today..."Self seeking slips away", the promises are starting to come true for you.

Anonymous said...

Meg said exactly what I was gonna say to you. Just imagine how great it will be when you get through the 9th step since they are already starting to come true for you, girl!
I hear you growing.
Happy 250.
Peace,
Scout

GOOOOOD ol Rockytop... rockytop tennesseeeeee! said...

Congrats on the big 2-4-9!

Tang So!

Anonymous said...

Your entire post focused on “thanksgiving” and “thankfulness.” When a person is able to do this, to sincerely give thanks and to feel thankful for life, the cynicism, depression, vindictiveness, and anger that at times were all-consuming begin to fade into the distant past. I know both go together, but to me, more important than the 249 days of sobriety (a wonderful accomplishment!), is your ability to give thanks. :-)

lash505 said...

Ill meditate on that.