Sober since April 6, 2006

That's
days

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

wednesday is spelled funny

Today started out kind of weird. I was rushing out to my car to get to work on time, and found that the neighborhood kids pelted every car on the street with eggs. I gave them Halloween candy last night, dammit. Yeah. Thanks. Stupid little brainless bastard punkass smacktards ...

I got so pissed. (That's proof that I'm turning into an old geezer!) But as I drove to work in stop-and-go traffic, I read out of Twenty Four Hours a Day:

"Hope is justified by many right nows, by the rightness of the present. Nothing can happen to me that God does not will for me. I can hope for the best, as long as I have what I have and it is good."

Nothing really felt "right" about having my car vandalized. But I guess the "rightness of the present" is supposed to encompass the entire present -- not just the individual things that bother me.

Yeah, my car got pelted. But at least I HAVE a car. And the rest of my life is getting better every day. I'm sober. I have an amazing family. I have a good job. I'm finally reaching out to people in AA. I have a relationship with a Power greater than myself, and He is holding my hand through this difficult transitional phase called "life".

And here I am complaining about what again? It's always the little things that knock me off balance ...

Today, I'm grateful for ...
  • being 210 damn days sober
  • making it to my homegroup meeting tonight
  • AA buddies online and off
  • my cool family
  • my cute & affectionate dog: "God, please help me to be the person my dog thinks I am."
  • my patient supervisor at work
  • being allowed to listen to our own music at work (w/headphones)
  • feeling sleepy enough to sleep ... I hope
  • God, because He has a purpose for my life, even when I don't see it

8 comments:

Trudging said...

Smacktards, that is a new one for me.

lash505 said...

I would made that little asshole eat the eggs.

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

Hi tk! Yeah! high class problems, we call them. reminds me of the saying 'I complained because I had no shoes, Until I met a man who had no feet.'

dAAve said...

As a teenager, I did the same thing, and worse. And we were always drinking and/or geting high.

What comes around, goes around.

new_eyes said...

thanks for the laughs, sorry for the expense, though. Hehe.

You're doing quite well , I see.

NMAMFQLMSH said...

I love when you cuss.
jj

SCoUt said...

Smacktards is a new one for me, too. Mind if I steal it. Personally I am slso fond of using the term -- Ass-hole-ians. You could try that ne if you like it.
I FEEL ya, girl. Thjat kind of stuff IS frustrating. Like dAAve said, I used to do some of the same crap, too, or I was with others who did. What goes around....
Through it all I can see you try to apply the principles and find the gratitude. You are growing and all of this will serve you well in the coming dAzE, months, and years.
Peace,
Scout

recoveryroad said...

Lmao.

"Stupid little brainless bastard punkass smacktards ...
"

You swear like a fucking Brit! I'm impressed. Lol.

Nice list. Well done on 210, ODAAT.

:-D

xxx