Sober since April 6, 2006

That's
days

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

yay!


I went to a meeting! I went to a meeting! I went to a meeting! Woohoo!

I also picked up my 6 month chip at my other home group tonight. (They say around here to pick up a chip at all of your groups so that everyone can see you make progress.) And I got to see other people pick up chips too -- including one guy who got a 24-year chip, and another guy who picked up a white chip (a "I-want-to-stop-drinking-even-if-it's-just-for-today" chip).

It feels so good to know that I was right where I needed to be. Thank God for meetings with other recovering alcoholics.

Today, I'm especially thankful for ...

  • being 188 days sober
  • MEETING WITH OTHER RECOVERING ALCOHOLICS!
  • the awesome people who read my blog and share words of wisdom and encouragement
  • the nice people at work who have been helping me learn new things
  • my cool family and cute dog
  • God, because He helped me get to a meeting today, and I was desperate

13 comments:

NMAMFQLMSH said...

Wonderful stuff! You gratitude makes me happy.
I see you,
JJ
PS: 6 months...woohoo congratulations.

stayathomemotherdom said...

So, so happy for you..

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on earning your 6 month chip that's a suepr huge accomplishment. Way to go! You are God's daughter and the Princess of his heart. You are precious and that's fact!

- Friend of God -

Trudging said...

Six months, yeegads you are a mircle!

Dying for a Drink said...

Congratulations on your 6-month milestone!

SCoUt said...

Yea, you got your chip! Congrats agin, girl. You are doing so well!!!! Love the Cheerleader -- we all need one or two of those in our corner.
Peace,
Scout

simsample said...

Good work, TKD!

hippytchick said...

Your entry today made my day.

Thanks for being so positive and just what I needed today.

xoxo hippychick

dAAve said...

6 months is GREAT!! That's nearly half a year already.

Have you changed the name of this blog? Should I update on my sidebar link?

Divalicious said...

Congratulations! =)

Sober Chick said...

6 months rocks!!! And you go and pick up those chips. When I got my year I became a "cake whore." It was tiring but what a ride!

They mean so much, those plastic, and in some cases, metal chips. It is exciting to see you do this.

Christina Gordon said...

Congrats.... KEEP IT UP!!!

Tab said...

Awesome:)