Sober since April 6, 2006

That's
days

Saturday, September 16, 2006

in summary

The past two weeks have been productive. I did lots of "firsts":

  • wrote a resume (which I've never done before without a drink)
  • searched for jobs (which I've never done before without a drink)
  • wrote cover letters (which I've never done before without a drink)
  • applied for jobs (which I've never done before without a drink)
  • had a great job interview (which I've never done before without a drink)
  • helped my dad fix my car (which I've never done before)
  • took a broken camcorder in for service (which I've never done before)
  • ... all while being in some sort of mysterious relationship insanity with my boyfriend (I've never been in relationship with such drastic communication problems before.)

The amazing thing is that I haven't had a drink!

You need to understand -- this is coming from someone who used to drink over the anxiety caused by answering the front door. The past two weeks have been utter hell in terms of anxiety -- but I haven't had a drink!

Thank goodness for AA meetings. It's like "connect-the-dots". All I have to do is stay sober until the next meeting ... I can do that.

Within this emotionally chaotic time, there were many moments of serenity -- and they came at the most difficult times.

I believe that if a truly serious life event happens in the future, I will know how to stay sober and find serenity. "There by the grace of God go I."

Today, I'm grateful for ...
  • being 163 days sober
  • experiencing serenity
  • all of those sobriety "first times"
  • my awesome dad -- who fixed my car! Yay!
  • my great family & precious puppy
  • that weird boyfriendish guy. I still love him, even though things are really weird right now.
  • the nice people who read my blog
  • God, who kept me sober

3 comments:

doughgirl said...

Funny how serenity can sneak its way into the most difficult times of our life. The blessing is that had we been drinking, we never would have noticed it..Congratulations on 163 days...:)

NMAMFQLMSH said...

the nice people who read my blog

And you my friend are one of the nice people that read my blog.
I still see you,
JJ

Gwen said...

Firsts in sobriety are great!