Sober since April 6, 2006

That's
days

Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Empty Canvas

An empty canvas waits for me. The brushes and paint are ready. But for some reason, it takes courage to pick up a brush and paint.

A million ideas run through my mind, but they are all dismissed as "silly" or "stupid". I'm afraid of making mistakes. I'm afraid of ruining the painting.

This hesitation extends to my own life. I'm afraid to really live.

A million plans run through my mind, but they are all dismissed as "impossible" or "stupid". I'm afraid of making mistakes. I'm afraid of ruining everything.

And as I wait for courage to come, time passes. By the time I know what to paint with my life, it will all be over.




Today, I'm thankful ...

  • for being 66 days sober
  • for being loved
  • for being alive
  • for having a chance

2 comments:

dAAve said...

Go ahead.
Make a mistake.
Waht's the worst thing that can happen? You can always start over, but not until you make that first stroke.

tkdjunkie said...

Thanks, daave. It's amazing how much power we can allow fear to have over us. It only has the power we give it ...