Sober since April 6, 2006

That's
days

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Earrrly

Woke up early today. Dunno why, but it's nice to be up early! I feel like I have more time in the day.

I'd placed an order at Think Geek a few days ago, and it should be arriving today. Ordered a few funny tee shirts. There's nothing more fun than wearing something that makes people laugh or ask you, "What's that supposed to mean?" Not that I'm a touble-maker or anything ... nooooo! Nothing of the sort! :D

Feeling a bit sore today after yesterday's run. It was so much fun though, I'm kind of in the mood to run again today.

My "fun" AA group meets tonight! I'm so excited -- I can't wait! It is one group that brings new meaning to these words in the Big Book:

We have been dealing with alcohol in its worst aspect. But we aren't a glum lot. If newcomers could see no joy or fun in our existence, they wouldn't want it. We absolutely insist on enjoying life.

Today, I'm especially grateful for:
  • Being 48 days sober!
  • Advil
  • Caffeine
  • Funny tee shirts
  • My adorable puppy, who greeted me this morning with a sense of excitement generally afforded only to celebrities
  • My loving family
  • My AA friends, online & off
  • God, who is sharing His sense of humor with me today

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also have a "fun" AA meeting! It's funny how we label them. I have my home group, gay group, fun group, and the clubhouse.

Kudos on getting up early! I struggle with that. My pigeon brothers and sponsor tell me that I have to act my way into right thinking...still, it's hard to do with the whole sleeping-in situation.

Take care,
Brad :-)