Sober since April 6, 2006

That's
days

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Whose life is this anyway?

"Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete. If you're alive, it isn't."
-Richard Bach


Came across this quote on a bad day. I was wishing my "mission" (my life) could be over -- or that it had never started in the first place.

Thing is, none of us are here for ourselves. We're here because God put each of us here with our own unique purposes. Sometimes, finding our purpose seems like a purpose in itself. Maybe we won't even know our purpose until our lives are over. Does anyone ever find their own purpose?

Either way, I am where I am, with what I have, with who I have because God arranged it that way -- for a purpose. As long as I'm alive, my mission isn't finished. Although I can't imagine adequately fulfilling even a simple and easy purpose, it's still God's purpose and not mine. The mission isn't mine and it never will be. It's not about being comfortable -- it's about being useful.

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us.
Comfort will follow eventually if we just "keep doing the next right thing".

No comments: