SUPERMAN! I got to see Superman today :)
The movie was great. The music brought back some happy memories.
Hearing the music reminded me of when I was a kid -- maybe four or five years old. My dad would play the Superman theme song, pick me up, and hold me as I stretched out and "flew" like Superman. He'd run all over the house, holding me up so that I could "fly". I loved it ...
I'm so blessed to have that happy memory. So many people don't have happy childhood experiences with their parents. But I have so many of them. Sometimes I feel guilty that I had a magical, wonderful childhood while so many others did not.
"But by the grace of God go I."
Today, I'm grateful for ...
- being 85 days sober
- having happy memories
- my wonderful family
- my precious boyfriend
- AA friends, online and off
- the uber awesome people who read my blog
- my functioning (and reliable) car
- the "slowpoke" who cut me off on the interstate right before a hidden speed trap. It made me mad at first, but I probably would have gotten a speeding ticket (I was going 74 in a 65mph zone) if he had not cut me off
- God, who lets me experience his grace, one day at a time